Having access to your medical care team is easier than ever with our telehealth services. Patients and providers can communicate online or over the phone, letting each patient connect with their health-care team from home.
Telehealth visits are open to all patients and are strongly recommended for patients who are over age 60, or over age 50 with a chronic health condition. Currently, we are shifting most behavioral health and primary-care visits to telehealth when possible. Please read on to learn more about what telehealth is and how it works. You can also learn about our remote Recovery, Home Visiting and Mobile Health services.
Telehealth is available for
- Most types of medical visits.
- Some urgent dental visits.
- Most behavioral health (counseling) visits. Must be a primary-care patient or previously enrolled in the IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program).
Billing for telehealth visits works exactly the same as for in-person appointments. If you are uninsured and would like to apply for our sliding-fee discount program, please feel out the application and provide proof of your income. More info.
Benefits: Reducing Exposure & More
Although virtual visits may not be as common as traditional in-person doctor’s appointments, they have many benefits that explain why this type of care is growing in popularity. Our health care team is committed to providing you with the same high quality care during virtual visits as in-person visits.
In addition to reducing your chances of being exposed to Covid19, phone or video visits have other benefits:
- Ability to address health issues without leaving your home or workplace
- No need to commute, travel in bad weather, take as much time off from work, or arrange child care
- Often able to see a doctor more quickly, sometimes same-day
To Become a Medical or Dental Patient
If you are not currently a patient at Families First, please visit this page before scheduling your telehealth visit.
If you are currently a medical patient but have never used our dental services before, please visit this page.
To Book a Telehealth Appointment
Our staff will help you get set up with a time to connect with your provider. Scheduling appointments will work the same for our telehealth services for as a face-to-face appointment.
- Primary care: 603-422-8208 (press 4)
- Dental care: 603-422-8208 (press 5) (urgent/emergency care only)
- Behavioral health (counseling): 603-422-8208 ext. 3321
Our staff will send you info on how to connect with your provider by phone or video. (Feel free to request a phone visit if video doesn’t work for you.)
How to Check In
Your provider will start your phone or video appointment as close to your scheduled time as possible, but if you can please try to be ready to start your visit anytime between 15 minutes before your scheduled time to 15 minutes after. Your provider appreciates your patience and flexibility.
If you have been told your video visit will be handled through the Doxy platform, the first step is to click the Check-In button below. You will then be taken to the check-in page where you can choose the name of the provider you will be seeing and enter the virtual waiting room. (For phone visits or other types of video visits, see the instructions you received earlier.)
OTHER REMOTE SERVICES
In addition to primary care, dental and behavioral health services, we are also providing the following services by phone and/or video:
SOS Recovery & Recovery Groups
- Recovery Groups will be held online via the Zoom app. This is for current patients who have completed IOP and/or attended Recovery Group in the past. Please call Ben at 603-422-8208 ext 3328 for information.
- SOS Recovery Services: While the centers are closed, we’ll have phone coverage, telephone recovery support services, virtual on-on-one recovery coaching, and virtual meetings and supports. Call 603-841-2350 or visit https://sosrco.org/virtualmeetings/ You can also access daily online recovery-support meetings offered through Unity Recovery here.
Call your home visitor at 603-422-8209 to schedule a phone visit
Mobile Health Care (vans)
The mobile health team is offering telehealth visits, in addition to some in-person clinics.
Please call 603-766-9220 if you have health-care questions or need medication refills.