Families First offers prescription assistance for people who are uninsured or underinsured (meaning that your medications are still expensive even though you have insurance).
We can help you with your meds if …
- you are a Families First Health Center patient and/or you live in Portsmouth.
- you are uninsured or underinsured
Both short- and long-term help
For short-term medications:
- A medication voucher will be provided for prescription, redeemable at Rite Aid pharmacy on Islington Street in Portsmouth.
- Voucher limit of $300 per individual, per year. (Limit may change depending on availability of funds.)
- When refills are necessary, please contact us several weeks in advance to avoid any interruption in your medication therapy.
For long-term medications (those taken for a chronic health condition):
- Must be taking a long-term medication prescribed by a local physician/specialist within the Greater Portsmouth area.
- Patients pay a very small fee for each prescription.
For more information or to get prescription help: Call 603-422-8220