Families First is not just another doctor’s office. When you choose a primary-care doctor or nurse practitioner at Families First, you get services you won’t find everywhere – from dental care, to counseling, to parenting classes and more. And we go the extra mile to make it affordable and easy for you.
A Team to Treat the Whole Person
Your primary-care team at Families First includes:
- Physicians and nurse practitioners certified in family practice or women’s health
- Nurses and medical assistants
- 24/7 access to a nurse who can answer your questions and reach a Families First doctor if needed.
- Counselors to talk with about issues from anxiety, to substance misuse, to making changes in your health habits.
- Psychiatric services to help with psychiatric medications
- Medication-assisted treatment for addiction
- A nutritionist
- Care coordinators who help you access other services and benefits
Convenient, Easy and Affordable
Seeing your doctor or nurse practitioner should not be hard. We make it easy for you by:
- Accepting Medicaid, Medicare and most private insurance plans
- Offering discounts based on your income if you are uninsured or underinsured
- Providing free child care while you’re at Families First
- Being open early mornings, early evenings and Saturdays
- Offering same-day and walk-in appointments for established patients
- Helping you get health insurance, prescription assistance and other benefits
- Having a lab on-site to make it easier to have tests done
- Providing a translator (advance notice needed)
- Helping with transportation to Families First
Beyond Primary Care
Families First patients don’t have to go all over to get what they need. Look what you can find right here, in addition to primary care:
- Dental care
- Parenting classes, playgroups and other family programs
- Prenatal care
- Allergy and dermatology consultation
- Prevention and wellness services, such as free screenings for breast cancer, cervical cancer and HIV, and diabetes education
- Groups to help with stress-reduction and addiction
Families First not only made doctors’ visits affordable, they had the kind of compassion you don’t typically get at a doctor’s office. I never had to wait, they would answer all my questions, they would give me lots of treatment options, and they always highlighted the importance of staying healthy. This is a place you can walk in and you don’t feel like a patient.