Positive Solutions for Families (online)
Tuesday, Oct 20 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
This six-week series for parents of young children will help parents understand their children’s problem behaviors and promote their social and emotional skills, which are so important for happiness and success in school and in life. We will discuss a wide range of positive approaches that support children’s self-regulation and appropriate behaviors. This series offers simple tools and clear solutions for parents of young children ages 2-10. Parents are encouraged to attend all sessions.
- Session 1: Encouragement and Praise
- Session 2: Play and Friendship Skills
- Session 3: Rules, Expectations and Misbehavior
- Session 4: Controlling Anger and Handling Disappointment
- Session 5: Logical Consequences
- Session 6: Problem Behaviors and Everyday routines
This is an online program and requires the Zoom app. (The first time you use the app, you will need to install it using these links for iPhone or iPad or for Android.) You will receive the Zoom meeting link and password when you register for the program.
This series is supported by the Somersworth Ready Together Coalition and US Department of Education, H323A170029