- This event has passed.
Parenting Journey (Portsmouth)
Tuesday, Nov 19 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until Tuesday, Nov 26, 2019
This program is now closed. Please click “Add me to wait list” below to be notified the next time we are offering the program.
Parenting Journey is a 12-week course for parents who want to learn more about themselves, their relationships, and the resources they need to effectively parent their children. In a warm and nurturing environment, parents are supported and encouraged to care for themselves and each other while participating in a series of hands-on activities and guided discussions.
*Please note: Advance sign-up is required. The program is only open to those who have registered in advance.
Parents and caregivers of children of all ages are welcome. Partners and married couples should not attend the program together. Dinner is served in class.
Goals of the program:
- identify what you’re repeating from your childhood and what you want to change
- Become more confident and optimistic in your parenting.
- Learn to tackle everyday stressors and challenging situations
- Identify your strengths
- Gain respect and build trust with your children
- Increase your ability to nurture yourself and your children
- Build community and increase your support network
- Lean about local resources available to you