Parenting Journey (Portsmouth)
Tuesday, Sep 10 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until Tuesday, Nov 26, 2019
Parenting Journey is a 12-week course for parents who want to learn more about themselves, their relationships, and the resources they need to effectively parent their children. In a warm and nurturing environment, parents are supported and encouraged to care for themselves and each other while participating in a series of hands-on activities and guided discussions.
*Please note: Advance sign-up is required. The program is only open to those who have registered in advance, and no registrations will be accepted after Sept. 17th .
Parents and caregivers of children of all ages are welcome. Partners and married couples should not attend the program together. Dinner is served in class.
Goals of the program:
- identify what you’re repeating from your childhood and what you want to change
- Become more confident and optimistic in your parenting.
- Learn to tackle everyday stressors and challenging situations
- Identify your strengths
- Gain respect and build trust with your children
- Increase your ability to nurture yourself and your children
- Build community and increase your support network
- Lean about local resources available to you