- This event has passed.
College Bound with ADD/ADHD: A Seminar
Saturday, Oct 13 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pmFree (includes child care with advance signup)
After managing your child’s life through the school years, you are both ready for a break, and you might be willing to let go of the reins and let your child soar! But will your son or daughter do that? Have you prepared enough for the pitfalls and distractions of college life for a child with ADD/ADHD? This seminar on facilitating successful transitions to college life is part of that preparation.
This seminar will help participants be better informed about:
- The question: Is my teen ready for college?
- Unique transition challenges for students with ADD/ADHD
- How to choose the right college and right environment
- On-campus resources to promote success
- Strategies to help students meet the academic and time-management demands of college
- How self-advocacy, organization and coaching make a significant impact on student success
PANELISTS: Michael Shuttic, Director of Student Accessibility Services, UNH; Renee Williams, M.Ed.,
Certified ADHD Coach; Lynn Marsh, M. Ed., career counselor, ADHD coach, parent of three college-aged children with ADD/ADHD.
Parents: Attend with or without your teen. (When signing up, please indicate if your teen is coming.)
You will be glad you made this investment!