- This event has passed.
Active Parenting (Somersworth)
Thursday, Jan 17 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30pm on Thursday, repeating until Thursday, Feb 7, 2019
This 5-week series for parents of school-aged children (Thursdays, Jan. 10 – Feb. 7) is being held in our Somersworth location, (311 Route 108). We will explore – through discussion, activities and videos — some of the most effective parenting techniques, and help you reduce power struggles at home by identifying strategies that will work for your family. We encourage parents to attend all of the sessions if possible.
- January 10: Parenting styles
- January 17: Responsibility and discipline
- January 24: Building courage and self esteem
- January 31: Understanding and redirecting misbehavior
- February 7: Winning cooperation & balancing the parenting load
Snacks are provided for parents; light supper is offered to the kids. Free child care with advance signup. Facilitated by Patrice Baker, MEd.