- This event has passed.
ACT for Strong Families
Wednesday, May 12 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Wednesday, repeating until Wednesday, June 30, 2021
An 8 week virtual series for parents and grandparents of kids from birth through the tween years. This program translates science-based content into practical tools for parents and caregivers to learn new strategies, understand and manage anger, resolve conflicts in positive ways, and raise children in a happy and healthy environment full of love and respect. We will explore topics including:
- Why children behave the way they do
- Positive discipline and parenting styles
- Managing parental anger and helping children with difficult emotions
- Children and media–safety and strategies
- How exposure to violence impacts children
This program is free, participants are expected to attend all sessions. Space is limited.
Zoom app required. Participants will be emailed a Zoom meeting link before Session 1.