Hours of Operation
Please note: During the Covid-19 outbreak, some services are less available. More info
Health Center and Dental Center
Regular Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (except 2nd Wednesday each month, when we open at 9 or 10 a.m.)
Health Center Standby Appointments: For current patients only, standby appointments are offered Monday-Friday beginning at 8 a.m., as each day’s schedule allows. Please call after 8 a.m. to reserve the next available time slot. Standby appointments are not available from noon to 1 p.m. any day, and also not available the second Wednesday of the month before 10 a.m.
Dental Center Emergency Standby: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., first-come, first-served. (You do not have to be an established dental patient to access emergency-standby care.)
Reaching Us After Hours
Unless you have a true emergency, our suggestion is, “First, call Families First.” Night or day, your medical home is the best place to start. You can reach us 24/7. Our after-hours nurse will help you decide if you should go to an urgent-care center or the ER.
- Primary Care Patients: Call the main number (603-422-8208), and you will hear instructions.
- Prenatal Patients: On weekdays, call the above number. Nights and weekends, call 603-431-6011.
- What about a Walk-In Clinic, Urgent Care Center or the ER? Our Where to Get Care flyer (1 page) explains what do do, depending on your symptoms.
- Telephones / Office: Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Outside of those hours, please leave a message at (603) 422-8209. Normally, your call will be returned by the next business day.
- Programs: Schedule varies – usually every weekday morning and some weekday evenings. See current program schedule.
Mobile Health Care
The mobile health care team visits about a dozen places in five towns. See the days & times here.
Need help after hours when the team is not in your area? Call the main number (603-422-8208).
Weather Closings & Hours Changes
During a winter storm, you have several options for finding out whether we are open or have a delayed opening or early closing:
- Our website (see banner at top of every page)
- Our Facebook page
- The phone numbers listed below. If you call the number and nothing is said about a closing or delay, you will know we are open as usual. Make sure to call the number for the program you are interested in, as information may vary.
– Health and Dental: (603) 422-8208 (press 1)
– Family Programs (Portsmouth, Epping, Exeter, Somersworth): (603) 422-8209
– Mobile Health Clinics (Portsmouth, Rochester, Dover, Hampton and Exeter): 1-888-922-0005
- Radio and TV: WMUR (TV Channel 9 and WMUR.com) and WOKQ (97.5 FM)