Hours of Operation
Health Center in Portsmouth
- Telephones answered and front desk open: Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00 (Exceptions: Wednesdays noon-1:30).
- Primary Care appointments scheduled:
- Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:40 a.m. to 5:20 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 8:40 a.m. to 6:20 p.m. (except 12-1:30 p.m.)
- Fridays, 7:40 a.m. to 4:20 p.m.
- Same-day and walk-in appointments: For current patients only. Monday-Friday beginning at 8:30 a.m. First-come, first-served basis. Call ahead to reduce wait time and to check on availability in late afternoons.
- Prenatal appointments: Tuesday & Friday mornings.
- Telephones: Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00 (except Wednesdays, 12:15-1:30)
- Appointments scheduled: Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00.
Reaching Us After Hours
Unless you have a true emergency, our suggestion is, “First, call Families First.” Night or day, your medical home is the best place to start. You can reach us 24/7. Our after-hours nurse will help you decide if you should go to an urgent-care center or the ER.
- Primary Care Patients: Call the main number (603-422-8208, press “1”), and you will hear instructions on how to speak with a nurse.
- Prenatal Patients: On weekdays, call the above number. Nights and weekends, call 603-431-6011.
- What about a Walk-In Clinic, Urgent Care Center or the ER? Our Where to Get Care flyer (1 page) explains what do do, depending on your symptoms.
- Telephones: Monday – Friday, 8:30-12:30, and some afternoons.
- Programs: Schedule varies – usually every weekday morning and some weekday evenings. See current program schedule.
Mobile Health Care
The mobile health care team visits about a dozen places in five towns. See the days & times here.
Need help when the team is not in your area? Call the main number (603-422-8208, press “1”) anytime – day, night or weekend.
Weather Closings & Delays
All closings and delays will be announced in recorded greetings at the phone numbers listed below. If you call the number and nothing is said about a closing or delay, you will know we are open as usual. Make sure to call the number for the program you are interested in, as information may vary.
Health & Dental Center (Portsmouth)
Call (603) 422-8208. Cancellations will also be announced on our Facebook page.*
Parent / Family Programs (Portsmouth, Epping and Exeter)
Even if Families First Health Center is open, some or all Family Center programs may be canceled, so call (603) 422-8208 ext. 2. If we don’t answer, check our Facebook page.*
Mobile Health & Dental Clinics (Portsmouth, Rochester, Dover, Hampton, Exeter and Kittery)
Call 1-888-922-0005. Cancellations will also be announced on our Facebook page.*
*Cancellation info may not be online if a storm takes out our Internet access.