Facts & Awards
Families First Health & Support Center is part of a network of health centers serving southeastern New Hampshire and Southern Maine. The info below pertains to the entire network (legally known as Greater Seacoast Community Health) in calendar year 2019.
CEO: Janet Laatsch, RN, MBA
Budget: $20 million
2019 Service Statistics
20,000 people served in all programs, including:
- 13,106 primary care patients
- 4,725 dental patients
- 1,371 mental health patients
- 447 prenatal patients (241 babies delivered)
- 1,645 people served in parenting/family groups and child care (9,541 visits)
- 65,839 medical, dental and behavioral health visits
About Our Patients
- 83% live at 200% of the federal poverty level or below
- 16% of patients are uninsured
- 41% of patients are on Medicaid
- 10% of patients are on Medicare
- Families First Health & Support Center in Portsmouth
- Goodwin Community Health in Somersworth
- Lilac City Pediatrics in Rochester
- Mobile health and dental clinics in Portsmouth, Exeter, Hampton, Dover and Rochester
Our Program Partners
Awards & Recognition
- Health Center Quality Improvement Award, U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services (received annually since 2014). This award includes recognition for performing in the top 25% of all community health centers on certain clinical outcomes measures.
- Patient-Centered Medical Home recognition (Level 3), National Committee on Quality Assurance. First recognized in 2011; recognition renewed through 2020.
- Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence Innovation Award, NH Department of Health and Human Services, 2012
- Champions in Action, Citizens Bank and WMUR-TV, 2011
- National HIMMS Davies Community Health Award (as part Community Health Access Network), Health Care Information and Management Systems Society, 2008
- Community Champions Award, Citizens Bank and WMUR-TV, 2002
- Dunfey Award for Excellence in Management, NH Charitable Foundation, 2003
- Smith Award for Excellence in Service to Children and Families, NH Children’s Trust Fund, 1998 (first recipient)
Families First, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) receives funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and has federal Public Health Service-deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals. For more information, please see http://www.bphc.hrsa.gov/ftca/.