Hours of Operation
Hours vary among our Health Center, Dental Center, Family Center and Mobile Health program. Please scroll down for information on each program, as well as info on weather closings and delays.
- Telephones/front office: Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 5:00 (except Wednesdays from noon to 1:30), and Saturday 7:30 a.m. to noon (except during holiday weekends).
- Primary Care appointments are scheduled:
Mondays 7:40 a.m. - 5:20 p.m. Tuesdays 8:40 a.m. - 4:40 p.m. Wednesdays 8:40 a.m. - 6:20 p.m. Thursdays 7:40 a.m. - 5:40 p.m. Fridays 7:40 a.m. - 4:40 p.m. Saturdays 7:40 a.m. - 11:20 p.m.
- Prenatal appointments are scheduled on Tuesday and Friday mornings.
- Same-day medical appointments, for established patients only, are offered Monday through Saturday, starting at 7:40 a.m. Calling ahead is encouraged, to reduce the length of time you have to wait. However, walk-in appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis all day.
- After hours: Just call our main number (603-422-8208, press "1") anytime. If we are closed, you will hear instructions on how to speak with a nurse. Prenatal Patients: On weekdays, call the above number. Nights and weekends, call 603-431-6011. Click for a handy 1-page guide on when to use Families First, local urgent care centers, or the ER.
- Mobile health clinics: Click here to find out when the mobile health team will be in your area. If you have used this service in the past and need help when the team is not in your area, call Families First at 603-422-8208 (press "1") for help anytime -- day, night or weekend.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 603-422-8208, press “3”. Learn about our Dental Center.
- Telephones/front office: Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 5:00 (except Wednesdays from noon to 1:30)
- Appointments scheduled: Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 5:00. Earlier and later appointments, and Saturday appointments, are often available.
- Walk-in appointments, for established patients only, are offered one Friday morning each month. Please call for dates.
- Same-day dental hygiene appointments, for established patients only, are offered every Friday. Call on Friday morning to make your appointment for later that day.
For more information, call 603-422-8208, press “2” or click to click to learn about our Family Center.
- Telephones/front office: Monday through Friday, 8:30-12:30, and some afternoons.
- Programs: Schedule varies – usually every weekday morning and some weekday evenings. Current schedule and program/child care registration
Mobile Health Care (for people experiencing homelessness)
The mobile health care team visits sites in Portsmouth, Dover, Rochester, Exeter and Hampton.
Learn about the program and see the schedule. If you need help when the mobile health care team is not in your area: Just call our main number (603-422-8208, press "1") anytime -- day, night or weekend. If Families First Health Center is open, our staff will help you. If we are closed, you will hear instructions on how to speak with a nurse.
Whenever the weather looks questionable, please call (603) 422-8208. If Families First is closed or has a delayed opening, you will hear an announcement immediately. You can also find the latest info on our Facebook page, which can be viewed from the bottom of the home page of our website. In addition:
- If Families First is open but you cannot make it here for a medical or dental appointment: Please press "1" to let our staff know, as always.
- If Families First is open and you were planning to attend a parenting or family group: Sometimes groups are canceled even when Families First is open, so please press "2" to find out if the group is being held. (Morning programs are always canceled when schools are closed or delayed in the town where the program was scheduled to be held.)