Primary Health Care
Families First Health and Support Center has a full-service primary care medical practice for men, women and children of all ages. It is open to everyone. (The information on this page focuses on primary care for adults. Click here for info on pediatric care.)
Click here for information on becoming a Families First Health Center patient. For an appointment, call 603-422-8208 ext. 1. Established patients can reach us around the clock (24/7) ... click for after-hours instructions.
The Health Center staff includes physicians and nurse practitioners (meet our providers), as well as nurses, medical assistants, a social worker, a nutritionist, a substance abuse counselor, a behavioral health counselor. This team provides preventive and routine health care and sick care. Pictured below are Dr. Ruth James (at left, with a patient), and nurse practitioner Elizabeth Harrison with Dr. Eric Samuel.
At Families First Health and Support Center, we believe good health is more than just treating illness. That's why we stress preventive care and offer a broad range of services under one roof at the Community Campus. The following services are available to Families First Health Center patients:
- Education on managing chronic illnesses such as diabetes and asthma
- Group for diabetic patients
- Mental health, nutrition and substance-abuse counseling
- Behavioral health counseling -- on-site support for managing any health condition with a behavioral component, from anxiety and depression to diabetes, hypertension and more. Also: Help with changes such as improving diet and exercise habits or reducing substance abuse.
- Healthy Families Group, to encourage parents and children in healthy eating and an active lifestyle. (As your provider for a referral.)
- Help enrolling in benefit programs to obtain insurance
- Medication assistance
- On-site lab services
- On-site dental care
- Free breast and cervical cancer screenings for eligible women (more info here)
- Translation and child care available during appointments (must request in advance).
- Some transportation assistance may be available.
Insurances accepted by Families First include private insurance, as well as Medicaid and Medicare. No one is ever turned away from Families First Health and Support Center due to lack of insurance or ability to pay. Uninsured patients are offered a sliding fee scale based on their income.
Follow these links for information on:
• insurance info and enrollment help
• sliding fee scale for the uninsured
• our physicians and nurse practitioners
• becoming a Families First Health Center patient
• Patient Handbook
• hours of operation (includes after-hours instructions and walk-in hours -- for established patients only)
• Notice of Health Information Privacy Practices
• weather-related closings and delays