Primary Health Care
603-422-8208 x1 or click here
|From left to right: Pediatric nurse practitioner Eileen McCarthy, CRNP; medical director and physician Eric Samuel, MD; physician Ruth James, MD, MPH; and family nurse practitioner Elizabeth Harrison, APRN-BC.|
Families First Health Center is a full-service primary care medical practice for everyone — infants to seniors, families and individuals, insured or uninsured, all income levels. (This page focuses on primary care for adults. Info on pediatric care is here.)
Your Team at Families First
Families First Health Center has received national recognition as a Patient-Centered Medical Home at the highest level. Part of this recognition is based on the fact that we provide continuous, team-based care.
- Your primary-care provider (physician or nurse practitioner) is the person you will see whenever you come in, if possible. Meet our providers.
- In addition to your provider, we support you with a whole care team. They work together to meet all of your needs in a coordinated, culturally sensitive manner.
- Your team includes a physician or nurse practitioner, nurse, medical assistant and care coordinator. Mental health and substance counselors, a psychiatric nurse practitioner and a nutritionist are available to you as needed and will work as part of your primary care team.
Families First Health Center Patients Can Also Receive ...
- 24/7 access to a nurse who can answer your questions (after-hours instructions).
- Help enrolling in programs to obtain health insurance ... free or low-cost prescriptions ... and other benefits
- Behavioral health services (more info)
- Diabetes education and support
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Psychiatric consultation
- On-site lab services
- On-site dental care
- On-site allergy and dermatology consultation
- Breast and cervical cancer screenings (free for eligible women)
- Translation and child care available during appointments (must request in advance).
- Transportation assistance (limited)
Families First Health Center accepts Insurance Marketplace plans and other private insurance plans, as well as Medicaid (NH and Maine) and Medicare. No one is ever turned away from Families Firstdue to lack of insurance or ability to pay. Uninsured patients are offered a sliding fee scale based on their income. Follow these links for information on:
• insurance plans accepted at Families First
• insurance info and enrollment help (NH Health Protection Program & Health Insurance Marketplace)
• sliding fee scale for the uninsured
• our physicians and nurse practitioners
• becoming a Families First Health Center patient
• Our recognition as a Patient-Centered Medical Home
• Patient Handbook
• hours of operation (includes after-hours instructions and walk-in hours for established patients)
• Notice of Health Information Privacy Practices
• weather-related closings and delays