Families First Health and Support Center has a full-service primary care medical practice for men, women and children of all ages. It is open to everyone. (The information on this page focuses on primary care for children and teens. Click here for info on primary care for adults.)
Click here for information on becoming a Families First Health Center patient. For an appointment, call 603-422-8208 ext. 1.
Why bring your child to Families First for pediatric care?
- An entire team of people working to keep your child healthy: Our pediatric team is led by board-certified pediatric nurse practitioner Eileen McCarthy and includes a registered nurse and a child-development specialist. Nutrition, social work and home visiting services also are available.
- Fast access to care when your child is sick: We’ll see your child within 24 hours when he or she is sick — usually the same day you call. And doctors are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click for after-hours instructions.
- Preventive care to help your child stay well: Children receive regular checkups, health screenings and immunizations based on the schedule recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Open to everyone, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay: Families First accepts private insurance and Medicaid. If your child is not insured, we’ll help you get insurance.
- Services you won’t find elsewhere: In addition to medical care, Families First offers dental care; one-on-one family support; parenting classes and family programs; transportation assistance; social service coordination; help obtaining free prescriptions, Medicaid coverage and other benefits; access to child and family therapy; nutrition counseling; and on-site lab services.
To make it easy to use Families First's services, we offer free child care for siblings during appointments, translation, and some assistance with transportation. Important: Please request these services at the time you schedule your appointment.
Families First accepts private insurance, as well as Medicaid and Medicare. No one is ever turned away from Families First Health and Support Center due to lack of insurance or ability to pay. Uninsured patients are offered a sliding fee scale based on their income.
Follow these links for information on:
types of insurance accepted
• sliding fee scale for the uninsured
• our physicians and nurse practitioners
• becoming a Families First Health Center patient
• hours of operation (and walk-in hours for established patients only)
• Partners in Health, for families with a child or teen up to age 21 who has a chronic illness