Insurance Information and Enrollment Help
Because of the Affordable Care Act, many people who have been uninsured may be eligible for affordable medical and dental insurance beginning in 2014. There is a lot of information out there.
Families First is here to help! We have trained people on staff who can answer your questions about Marketplace health insurance and help you with the application process.
You can apply and enroll in coverage until March 31, 2014.
Resources at Families First
For information about your eligibility and enrollment help:
603-422-8208 ext. 188
Elaine can answer questions over the phone or schedule a private, in-person appointment with you. All assistance is absolutely free, and you do not need to be a Families First client. (This is for NH residents only. Maine residents should call York County Community Action at 800-965-5762.)
Free information session, open to the public:
Why Get Health Insurance? And How? (flyer to print and post)
Wednesday, March 5, 6-7:30 p.m.
at the Community Campus
Families First will offer a free information session on the insurance options available under the Affordable Care Act. We can take care of your kids (signup required) while you learn about the support and assistance available to Seacoast residents who want to enroll for coverage. Families First also has trained staff available, ongoing, to help with enrollment, by phone or appointment in person. Register now
To schedule an information and enrollment assistance session for a group at your site:
To get info on plans and cost estimates before creating an account:
- To get an idea of the financial assistance for which you qualify and the cost of the plans available to you, click here, answer a few questions (you do not need to give your name), then click the VIEW MARKETPLACE PLANS button.
- For an overview of all the Marketplace health insurance plans available in New Hampshire in 2014, click here. Note that all cost figures are BEFORE financial assistance is applied, so your actual costs may be lower.
Note: Eligibility for financial assistance is based on your income and household size. For example, households with yearly incomes up to about $46,000 for individuals or $94,000 for a family of four may qualify for a tax credit to assist with premium costs. Also, households with yearly incomes up to about $29,000 for individuals or $59,000 for a family of four may qualify for additional assistance with deductibles and copayments if they choose one of the Silver plans. Final price quotes based on your individual circumstances are available only after you complete a Marketplace application.
To see if your healthcare providers and prescriptions are covered by Marketplace plans:
- To see if your current provider is included in Anthem's Marketplace plans, you may call your provider's office to ask, or click here and do a search for your provider. (NOTE: Families First Health Center's providers do participate in Anthem's Marketplace plans.)
- To see if your medications are covered (look at all four tiers!), click here.
To create an account and apply for coverage:
- Apply online at HealthCare.gov
- Contact the 24/7 HealthCare.gov call center at 1-800-318-2596. Click for TTY and other resources.
- Don't forget: Elaine at Families First is happy to help you with the enrollment process; call (603) 422-8208 ext. 188.
- "Health Insurance Basics: Key Words and Phrases You Need to Know," from Families USA
- Helpful videos about the application process (click here)
- CoveringNewHampshire.org is the official, free resource for Granite Staters to learn about the Health Insurance Marketplace and the new, affordable health insurance plans that are now available to you.
- Radio ad promoting Seacoast community health centers as a resource for enrollment help
If you don't have health care, or if you don't have a way to pay for health care, NOW is the time to learn about your new options for getting covered under the Affordable Care Act. Don't miss out because you don't know!