Health Insurance Accepted
See below for the health insurance accepted by Families First Health Center. We accept most private and Marketplace health insurance plans, as well as Medicaid and Medicare.
Families First is ‘in-network’ for these carriers
• Community Health Options (formerly Maine Community Health Options)
• Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare (both plans)
• NH Medicaid (NH Healthy Families, Well Sense Health Plan)
• Maine Medicaid (not accepted for prenatal care)
• United Healthcare (some plans; check with your carrier)
If You Have Other Health Insurance
Please check with your insurance carrier to see what will be covered if you come to Families First. Families First is willing to bill any medical insurance carrier, but you must know what your benefits are and must pay any costs that are not reimbursed by the insurance carrier.
If You are uninsured
Anyone who is uninsured or underinsured (high co-pay, high deductible) can apply for a discount based on their income. Fill out the sliding fee application. After we receive your paperwork, we’ll call you to schedule your appointment and let you know how much it will cost.