Families First Health & Support Center is one of only a few community health centers in New Hampshire that provides on-site dental care for its patients, creating a true "dental home" for people who, in some cases, had been without dental care for years.
The Dental Center provides both adult and pediatric dental care.
For more information, call (603) 422-8208 ext. 3.
The Dental Center provides preventive, restorative and emergency oral health care, care coordination and oral health education. Care is provided by Families First staff dentists, dental assistants and hygienists along with several community dentists who volunteer some time each month to help us serve more patients. Meet our dentists.
Due to high demand for dental services in the Seacoast and limited funding, eligibility to use the center is limited. Families First Dental Center is open to:
- Children and teens living in Seacoast New Hampshire or Southern Maine. Children and teens do NOT need to be primary-care patients at Families First in order to use the Dental Center. (Click for enrollment info.)
- Established primary-care patients of Families First Health Center
- Seniors (65+) living in the Portsmouth, Greenland, Rye, Kittery, Newington, Hampton or North Hampton
- Clients of The Krempels Center, AIDS Response-Seacoast and Senior Companions
- Patients referred from some local hospital emergency departments
Families First accepts private insurance, as well as New Hampshire and Maine Medicaid. Uninsured patients are offered a sliding fee scale based on their income. Follow these links for information types of insurance accepted or on our sliding fee scale for the uninsured. Free child care is available during appointments (advance signup required).