Hours of Operation
- Telephones/front office: Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00 & Saturday 7:30am-noon (Exceptions: Wednesdays noon-1:30 & holiday weekends).
- Primary Care appointments:
- Mondays, 7:40 a.m. to 5:20 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 7:40 a.m. to 5:20 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 8:40 a.m. to noon and 1:30to 5:40 p.m.
- Thursdays, 7:40 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fridays, 7:40 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturdays, 7:40 a.m. to noon (except holiday weekends)
- Walk-in appointments (current patients only) offered Monday-Saturday, beginning 7:30 a.m. First-come, first-served basis. Call ahead to reduce wait time.
- Prenatal appointments: Tuesday & Friday mornings.
- Telephones/front office: Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00 (except Wednesdays, 12:15-1:30)
- Appointments scheduled: Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00. Earlier, later, and Saturday appointments are often available.
- Walk-in appointments (current patients only) One Friday morning each month. Call for dates.
- Same-day dental hygiene appointments (current patients only) Every Friday. Call Friday morning to make your appointment for that day.
Reaching Us After Hours
Unless you have a true emergency, the rule is, “First, call Families First.” Night or day, your medical home is the best place to start. You can reach us 24/7. Our after-hours nurse will help you decide if you should go to an urgent-care center or the ER.
- Primary Care Patients: Call the main number (603-422-8208, press “1”) and you will hear instructions on how to speak with a nurse.
- Prenatal Patients: On weekdays, call the above number. Nights and weekends, call 603-431-6011.
- What about an Urgent Care Center, or the ER?: This “Where to Get Care” flyer explains what do do, depending on your symptoms.
- Telephones/front office: Monday – Friday, 8:30-12:30, and some afternoons.
- Programs: Schedule varies – usually every weekday morning and some weekday evenings. Current program schedule
Mobile Health Care
The mobile health care team visits many different sites at varying times. See the days & times here.
Need help when the team is not in your area? Call the main number (603-422-8208, press “1”) anytime – day, night or weekend.
Weather Closings & Delays
Health & Dental Center
You will hear a message on our main number (603) 422-8208 if the entire agency is closed.
Call (603) 422-8208 ext. 2 to hear a message about whether Family Center programs are being held. (Even if Families First Health Center is open, some or all Family Center programs may be canceled, so don’t forget to press 2!). Some rules of thumb:
- Whenever Portsmouth schools are canceled, ALL Family Center programs including programs held in other towns) are canceled.
- Morning programs are always canceled when schools are closed or delayed in the town where the program was scheduled to be held.