Hours of Operation
Families First has limited hours on: December 21 (3 p.m. closing).
Families First will be closed on: December 24, 26 & 31, and January 2.
- Telephones/front office: Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00 & Saturday 7:35 am-noon (Exceptions: Wednesdays noon-1:30 & holiday weekends).
- Primary Care appointments:
- Mondays, 7:40 a.m. to 5:20 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 7:40 a.m. to 5:20 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 8:40 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 6.20 p.m.
- Thursdays, 7:40 a.m. to 5:20 p.m.
- Fridays, 7:40 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturdays, 7:40 a.m. to noon (except holiday weekends)
- Walk-in appointments: For current patients only. Monday-Saturday, beginning 7:30 a.m. First-come, first-served basis. Call ahead to reduce wait time.
- Prenatal appointments: Tuesday & Friday mornings.
- Telephones/front office: Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00 (except Wednesdays, 12:15-1:30)
- Appointments scheduled: Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00. Earlier, later, and Saturday appointments are often available.
- Walk-in appointments: For current patients only. One Friday morning each month. Call for dates.
- Same-day dental hygiene appointments: For current patients only. Every Friday. Call Friday morning to make your appointment for that day.
Reaching Us After Hours
Unless you have a true emergency, our suggestion is, “First, call Families First.” Night or day, your medical home is the best place to start. You can reach us 24/7. Our after-hours nurse will help you decide if you should go to an urgent-care center or the ER.
- Primary Care Patients: Call the main number (603-422-8208, press “1”), and you will hear instructions on how to speak with a nurse.
- Prenatal Patients: On weekdays, call the above number. Nights and weekends, call 603-431-6011.
- What about a Walk-In Clinic (least expensive), Urgent Care Center (more expensive), or the ER (most expensive)? Our “Where to get care” flyer (1 page) explains what do do, depending on your symptoms.
- Telephones/front office: Monday – Friday, 8:30-12:30, and some afternoons.
- Programs: Schedule varies – usually every weekday morning and some weekday evenings. See current program schedule.
Mobile Health Care
The mobile health care team visits about a dozen places in five towns. See the days & times here.
Need help when the team is not in your area? Call the main number (603-422-8208, press “1”) anytime – day, night or weekend.
Weather Closings & Delays
Health & Dental Center
You will hear a message on our main number (603) 422-8208 if the entire agency is closed or will be opening late.
Call (603) 422-8208 ext. 2 to hear a message about whether Family Center programs are being held. (Even if Families First Health Center is open, some or all Family Center programs may be canceled, so don’t forget to press 2!). Some rules of thumb:
- Whenever Portsmouth schools are canceled, ALL Family Center programs including programs held in other towns) are canceled.
- Morning programs are always canceled when schools are closed or delayed in the town where the program was scheduled to be held.