Hours of Operation
Health Center in Portsmouth
The hours below are for our Portsmouth office. Find Seabrook office hours here.
- Telephones answered and front desk open: Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00 & Saturday 7:30 am-noon (Exceptions: Wednesdays noon-1:30 & holiday weekends).
- Primary Care appointments scheduled:
- Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:40 a.m. to 5:20 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 8:40 a.m. to 6:20 p.m. (except 12-1:30 p.m.)
- Fridays, 7:40 a.m. to 4:20 p.m.
- Saturdays, 7:40 a.m. to 11:20 (except holiday weekends)
- Same-day and walk-in appointments: For current patients only. Monday-Friday beginning at 8:30 a.m. and Saturday mornings, beginning at 7:30 a.m. First-come, first-served basis. Call ahead to reduce wait time and to check on availability in late afternoons.
- Prenatal appointments: Tuesday & Friday mornings.
- Telephones: Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00 (except Wednesdays, 12:15-1:30)
- Appointments scheduled: Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00. Earlier, later, and Saturday appointments are often available.
- Walk-in appointments: For current patients only. One Friday morning each month. Call for dates.
- Same-day dental hygiene appointments: For current patients only. Every Friday. Call Friday morning to make your appointment for that day.
Reaching Us After Hours
Unless you have a true emergency, our suggestion is, “First, call Families First.” Night or day, your medical home is the best place to start. You can reach us 24/7. Our after-hours nurse will help you decide if you should go to an urgent-care center or the ER.
- Primary Care Patients: Call the main number (603-422-8208, press “1”), and you will hear instructions on how to speak with a nurse.
- Prenatal Patients: On weekdays, call the above number. Nights and weekends, call 603-431-6011.
- What about a Walk-In Clinic (least expensive), Urgent Care Center (more expensive), or the ER (most expensive)? Our “Where to get care” flyer (1 page) explains what do do, depending on your symptoms.
- Telephones: Monday – Friday, 8:30-12:30, and some afternoons.
- Programs: Schedule varies – usually every weekday morning and some weekday evenings. See current program schedule.
Mobile Health Care
The mobile health care team visits about a dozen places in five towns. See the days & times here.
Need help when the team is not in your area? Call the main number (603-422-8208, press “1”) anytime – day, night or weekend.
Weather Closings & Delays
All closings and delays will be announced in recorded greetings at the phone numbers listed below. If you call the number and nothing is said about a closing or delay, you will know we are open as usual. Make sure to call the number for the program you are interested in, as information may vary.
Health & Dental Center (Portsmouth)
Call (603) 422-8208. Cancellations will also be announced on our Facebook page.*
Parent / Family Programs (Portsmouth, Epping and Exeter)
Call (603) 422-8208 ext. 2. Even if Families First Health Center is open, some or all Family Center programs may be canceled, so don’t forget to press 2! Cancellations will also be announced on our Facebook page and events calendar.*
Mobile Health & Dental Clinics (Portsmouth, Rochester, Dover, Hampton, Exeter)
*Cancellation info may not be online if a storm takes out our Internet access.