Families First Health & Support Center is the community health center and family resource center serving the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine.
Our mission: To contribute to the health and well-being of the Seacoast community by providing a broad range of health and family services to all, regardless of ability to pay.
To learn more about Families First, scroll down to read about the people we serve, our budget and funding sources. You can also visit our History, Publications, Funding Sources, Videos and In the News pages, or read our "Welcome to Families First" booklet (pdf).
NUMBER OF PEOPLE SERVED (FY 2014; ended 6/30/14)
All Programs and Services: 6,183
• All Health Services: 4,665
Primary Care: 3,428 (includes primary, prenatal and behavioral health care)
Dental Care: 1,849
Health Care for the Homeless: 1,441 (includes 756 in the mobile program)
• All Family Center Services: 1,898
Parenting and Family Groups, Child Care: 1,516
Home Visiting: 486
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS (FY 2014; ended 6/30/14)
• Where They Live: Portsmouth: 34% … Hampton & Seabrook: 16% ... Other Rockingham County: 25% … Strafford Cty: 17% … Maine: 7%
• Socioeconomic Status, Health Center Patients: 64% live below the federal poverty guideline (i.e., $19,530 or less for a family of three); another 29% live between 101% and 200% of the poverty level. Thirty percent (30%) are homeless.
• Socioeconomic Status, Family Center Clients: Sixty-one percent had incomes in the very-low, low or moderate range.
• Insurance Status, Health Center Patients: 54% were uninsured and used our sliding fee scale … 27% had Medicaid … 9% had Medicare … 10% had private health insurance.
FINANCIAL INFORMATION (FY 2015; began 7/1/14)
Current Agency Budget: $5,053,537
• 85% of expenditures support direct services to clients.
• Patient Fees: 40%
• Government Contracts: 25%
• Grants: 11% (includes United Way: <1%)
• Contributions and Fundraising: 22%
• Investment and Other Miscellaneous Income: 2%
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
• Patient-Centered Medical Home™ recognition (Level 3), National Committee on Quality Assurance. First recognized in 2011; recognition renewed in 2014 (for three years).
• Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence Innovation Award,
New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, 2012
• Champions in Action, Citizens Bank and WMUR-TV, 2011
• Smith Award for Excellence in Service to Children and Families, NH Children's Trust Fund, 1998
• Community Champions Award, Citizens Bank and WMUR-TV, 2002
Families First has received the GuideStar Exchange Gold participation level, a leading symbol of transparency and accountability provided by GuideStar USA, Inc., the premier source of nonprofit information. This level demonstrates Families First's commitment to nonprofit transparency and accountability. View Families First's GuideStar listing.
Families First is a Federal Tort Claims Act–deemed organization; a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b; and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n). More info