Families First Health & Support Center is the community health center and family resource center serving the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine.
Our mission: To contribute to the health and well-being of the Seacoast community by providing a broad range of health and family services to all, regardless of ability to pay.
To learn more about Families First, scroll down to read about the people we serve, our budget and funding sources. You can also visit our History, Publications, Funding Sources, Videos and In the News pages, or read our "Welcome to Families First" booklet (pdf).
PEOPLE SERVED (FY 2015; ended 6/30/15)
All Programs and Services 6,280
All Health Services 4,814
• Primary Care (includes prenatal and behavioral): 3,680
• Dental Care 1,790
• Health Care for the Homeless: 1,348 (including 641 in the mobile program)
All Family Center Services: 1,724
• Parenting and Family Groups, Child Care: 1,329
• Home Visiting: 474
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS (FY 2015; ended 6/30/15)
• Where They Live: Portsmouth: 33% … Hampton & Seabrook: 17% … Other Rockingham County: 25% … Strafford Cty: 17% … Maine: 7%
• Socioeconomic Status
—Health Center Patients: 66% live below the federal poverty guideline (i.e. $20,090 or less for a family of 3); another 29% live between 101% and 200% of poverty level, and 28% are homeless.
— Family Center Clients: Fifty-six percent had incomes in the very-low, low or moderate range.
• Insurance Status, Health Center Patients: 44% had Medicaid ... 28% were uninsured and used our sliding fee scale … 15% had private health insurance ... 13% had Medicare.
FINANCIAL INFORMATION (FY 2016; began 7/1/15)
Agency Operating Budget: $5,367,571
• 85% of expenditures support direct services to clients.
• Patient Fees: 46%
• Government grants and contracts: 28%
• Grants: 8% (includes United Way: <1%)
• Contributions and Fundraising: 17%
• Investment and Other Miscellaneous Income: 1%
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
• Patient-Centered Medical Home™ recognition (Level 3), National Committee on Quality Assurance. First recognized in 2011; recognition renewed in 2014 (for three years).
• Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence Innovation Award,
New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, 2012
• Champions in Action, Citizens Bank and WMUR-TV, 2011
• Smith Award for Excellence in Service to Children and Families, NH Children's Trust Fund, 1998
• Community Champions Award, Citizens Bank and WMUR-TV, 2002
Families First has received the GuideStar Exchange Gold participation level, a leading symbol of transparency and accountability provided by GuideStar USA, Inc., the premier source of nonprofit information. This level demonstrates Families First's commitment to nonprofit transparency and accountability. View Families First's GuideStar listing.
Families First is a Federal Tort Claims Act–deemed organization; a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b; and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n). More info